Toshiba’s Newest 2019 4K HDR Fire TV Comes With Dolby Vision & A Wonderful Price
Stephan Jukic – June 21, 2019
The Amazon Fire 4K TV series have always been extremely affordable low budget 4K HDR TV options for buyers who wanted superb smart TV technology and very decent picture performance in one extremely reasonable price, and now they’ve just gotten better.
Toshiba has unveiled a new 55 inch 4K Amazon Fire TV with all the trimmings of Amazon’s excellent smart TV platform –including the fantastic Alexa voice control remote- that’s retailing for only $449.99.
Even more affordable 50 inch and 43 inch models are also on the way for release before June finishes.
One particular new thing that all three TVs have in common is the inclusion of Dolby Vision HDR technology, for letting you enjoy an even broader range of high dynamic range content with a slightly different and arguably superior visual mastering technique baked into it. In addition to this, the new Fire 4K HDR TVs all come with the excellent Amazon Fire smart TV platform, which is one of today’s best, and delivers access to literally hundreds of thousands of hours of 4K, HDR, 1080p and other media entertainment options through thousands of different apps. These apps of course also include the essentials like HBO, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and so forth.
The best thing about the Fire TVs however is their combination of all the above features and the inclusion of Alexa, Amazon’s smart voice control technology inside the remote control that these wonderfully affordable televisions come with. Very, very few other 4K TVs at these price ranges deliver voice-powered remotes of this caliber with them.
Why such extremely affordable name brand TVs with all these features? Because Amazon competes with brands like Roku for the quality budget 4K TV market space and as is usual for the company, has done a great job of crushing prices down while keeping product specs good. Even TCL’s otherwise excellent and very similarly designed HDR ultra HD televisions don’t quite get this reasonably priced since a 2019 edition in the 55 inch range is still going for $50 more than the above 55 inch Toshiba model with Amazon Fire.
Bottom line: if you want a very decent starter for 4K TV or a nice new gift model for someone moving out on their own, or maybe just a cheap but good extra UHD TV for the bedroom, gaming den or studio, you simply can’t do better than these new TVs at these prices. By the end of June even more affordable 50 inch and 43 inch editions of the above Toshiba model with all the same smart TV and HDR specs will be going on sale too, for respective prices of $379.99 and the absurdly affordable price of $329.99 for the 43 incher.
Here’s the link to the main deal on the brand new 2019 55 inch Toshiba Amazon Fire TV edition, and below that some key specs for this rather uniquely price budget 4K TV.
Check out the Toshiba 55LF711U20 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV HDR – Fire TV Edition on sale at Amazon
4.7 – 4 Reviews
- Fire TV Edition brings together live-over-the air TV, and your favorite streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch live over-the-air TV, or stream movies and shows from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO and more.
- Enhanced 4K Dolby Vision HDR picture with an expanded range of contrast and superior brightness.
- Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast and vivid colors. Watch movies and TV shows come to life in ultra high definition.
- Everything you’d expect from a remote – plus launch apps, search for TV shows, switch inputs, control smart home devices and more, using just your voice. With Prime Video, Netflix, HBO and PlayStation Vue buttons, instantly access your favorite apps.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 49.1” x 28.7” x 3.7”, TV with stand: 49.1” x 30.1” x 11.8”. Multiple device input/output options: 3 HDMI including 1 with ARC, USB, composite input, digital output (optical), antenna/cable output, audio output, Ethernet.