The Powerful Acer Holo360 4K 360-degree Camera Just Got A 75% Discount
Stephan Jukic – April 2, 2019
If you’ve been looking for a highly portable hand-held 360-degree camera that also happens to shoot full 4K video, then the following unexpected deal is definitely up your alley.
Acer, the company behind so many excellent high-end and medium-range laptops and 4K UHD PC monitors, also happens to sell 4K action cameras and their Holo360 4K 360-degree Camera has gotten an enormous, genuine price discount.
The retail list price at which this little shooter started selling for upon its release was set at $429, indicating a certain measure of expected quality. However more recently the Holo360 has been retailing online for closer to the $200 mark. Now, out of the blue, Acer has dropped its price down to just $79.99 on the company’s own website and the same price is applying at Amazon.com too. Yesterday evening and prior to 7 am this morning Pacific Standard Time, this little 360-degree action camera was actually going for as little as $49.99 directly from the Acer site but this limited-time deal was cut off quickly and for the time being, though we don’t know for how much longer, you can definitely get your own edition of the Holo360 4K 360-degree Camera for the new $79.99 discount price.
As for its specs, the Holo360 360 cam is definitely impressive. It features a blend of Sony image sensor technology (which is known for being excellent in almost any device that has it) and Android power for its user interface and OS. In other words, the Holo360 can be used to install useful third-party apps, and we don’t know of many cameras at all (aside from those found in smartphones and tablets) that let you install apps from the Google Play Store. Other connectivity options in the Holo360 4K 360-degree Camera include WiFi and LTE power, and there’s even an AT&T SIM card that comes with this device along with a $35 service credit with AT&T for mobile data.
As for the meat of the Holo360 4K, which are its photo and video chops, Acer seems to have built quite a robust little device that delivers the essentials. This compact camera offers the already-mentioned 360 degree shooting capacity and included with this are several different shooting modes that include Crystal Ball, Panorama, Super Selfie, Little Planet and 360 View for both photos and videos. Still images are captured in a 6.9K resolution of 6992 x 3496 pixels while the camera’s 4K video recording delivers native cinematic 4K resolution (slightly higher resolution than conventional 4K UHD) of 4096 x 2048 pixels at 24fps in dual-lenses mode. There’s also video recording in single lens mode at 30fps with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 @ 30fps. These are pretty robust specs, and the full list of this compact camera’s capabilities and features is even more impressive when you consider the Holo360’s easily-digestible price tag of just $79.99.
Check out what else it can comes with and handles:
- Lenses: 16M + 16M, FOV 187°
- Camera Sensors: SONY IMX298 1/2.8” CMOS, F2.1
- Camera Technology: Panomorph Lenses (evalution of traditional fisheye lenses)
- Display: 3” IPS TFT LCD
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (Octa core 2GHz)
- Storage: 16 GB + 2 GB eMMC, microSD card support (up to 128 GB)
- Still Image: 6992 x 3496, equivalent to 24MP
- Video: Format: MP4 (H.265), 4096 x 2048 @ 24fps (Dual Lenses), 2160 x 1080 @ 30fps (Single Lens)
- Audio: AAC
- Camera Modes: Crystal Ball, Panorama, Super Selfie, Little Planet, 360 View
- ISO Range: Auto ISO 100-1600
- Wireless: Wi-Fi or LTE(Nano SIM), Bluetooth 4.1 with LE
- Connectivity: Micro USB, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Cellular Network Supported: LTE (4G): 1900(B2), AWS(B4),850(B5), 2600(B7), 700(B12)(B17) & WCDMA (3G): 2100MHz(B1), 1900MHz(B2), AWS(B4), 850MHz(B5)
- Dimensions: 2.27″ (L) x 4.33″ (H) x .54″ (W) – Weight .31lbs
- Battery: 2000 mAh, 5 V / 1 A, non-replaceable battery
- Battery Life: Up to 90 minutes – 4096 x 2048 @ 24fps (Dual Lenses), Up to 150 minutes – 2160 x 1080 @ 30fps (Single Lens)
So yeah, at $79.99 the Holo360 from a name brand like Acer and with sensor technology with the even more expert-crafted quality of Sony sounds like a great deal. User reviews for this little camera are excellent for the most part and the few complaints seems to stem from some minor usability issues that some buyers noted.
The Acer Holo360 4K 360-degree Camera is selling right now from Amazon.com for the $79.99 price tag we mentioned above. You can find this at the link below though and the camera is also available from Acer itself through the company consumer products website, though the Amazon page also offers a second, pricier package which includes a full VR headset for use with the Holo360’s deeply immersive 4K video recordings in real time.