Panasonic is bringing a new line of superbly-priced 4K ultra HD TVs to the U.S Market
Stephan Jukic – November 28, 2015
Panasonic is definitely one of the better players in the international 4K ultra HD smart TV market and while some of their models aren’t particularly stellar, others, like 2014’s AX900 4K smart TV were and remain simply fantastic. The same has applied to a number of other TVs from this remarkably innovative company. In fact, we’d even argue that for LCD/LED TV technology, Panasonic rans just after Sony and Samsung and above LG.
They’re even coming out with a new series of OLED 4K TVs, which should give LG run for their money in that specialized market too.
Now, the UHD TV maker has announced that it will be putting out its first line of value-priced K4 UHD smart TV models for the U.S market, just in time for the holidays. These are called the CX series and will be available to consumers across the U.S as of the beginning of December from retailers such as ABC Warehouse, Brandsmart U.S.A, Electronic Express, Video Only and RC Willey. For online shoppers, at least for now, the new CX 4K TVs will be sold only at Panasonic.com with other online retailers like Amazon.com or possibly Best Buy announced at a later date.
The new CX 4K smart TV series is quite diverse and features five different model types with each type coming in a different size, ranging from just 50 inches to a rather hefty 65 inches. These models types will be divided into two lines, the CX400 and the CX420. Bezel color options will be either black for the CX400 or matte silver for the CX420 and Panasonic is promising that despite these TVs being in a more value priced range, they will include a robust spectrum of the latest essential K4 UHD viewing technologies for easy movie streaming, music listening and upscaling of non-4K content. Furthermore, all of these models will come with full, robust web connectivity and smart TV options.
According to Julie Bauer, President of Panasonic Consumer Electronics company, “We have brought the same technological know-how to our first line of value priced 4K ultra HD TVs opening the 4K experience up to an even wider range of consumers who want Panasonic picture quality that fits their budget”.
Pricing and size details for the two new kinds of 4K TVs are as follows:
TC-50CX400U (50″ Class) – SRP $799.99
TC-55CX400U (55″ Class) – SRP $999.99
TC-65CX400U (65″ Class) – SRP $1,499.99
TC-55CX420U (55″ Class) – SRP $999.99
TC-65CX420U (65″ Class) – SRP $1,499.99
As for their features technologies, there’s plenty to expect from these TVs since all of them will include:
- Pre-optimized 4K UHD settings right out of the box for ideal color, white balance and contrast without the need to waste time on manual calibration and other adjustments.
- Access to a full host of Smart TV apps, WiFi and built-in apps for Netflix, YouTube, Toon Goggles, Pandora, Amazon Instant Video and other media sources. There will also be full compatibility with networkable Blu-ray players, set-top boxes like the Roku 4 and other smart devices like mobile phones.
- Native 120Hz refresh rates will be the case for all five new 4K UHD smart TVs and Panasonic is promising minimal motion blur, judder and other glitches to fast action upscaled and native 4K content.
- Connectivity in the new TVs will be highly flexible, with built in HDMI (no details yet on what type or if it will be HDR-compatible HDMI 2.0a), USB 3.0 Ethernet and all the usual audio and component inputs.
- Ultra slim bezels and a highly stylish design, things which we at 4k.com have to admit, Panasonic is certainly capable of.
Most importantly, these new TVs will offer a straightforward, highly standardized and fully connected product for would-be 4K UHD TV owners who want a minimum of confusion and plenty of home entertainment power at a decent price. The new CX400 and CX420 TVs are a clear example of how 4K TV has finally become highly standardized as far as the essentials go.
Story by 4k.com