Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire HD & Other Fire Media All On Sale Today For Large Discounts
Stephan Jukic – April 15, 2019
Amazon has dished up a special spring days deal on its lines of Fire streaming media devices and placed all three of the majors on sale for a limited time. Thus, right now, the Amazon Fire TV 1080p stick, the 4K ultra HD HDR stick and even Amazon’s pricier but more versatile Cube and Fire TV Recast devices are all being offered up for major and apparently limited-time discounts.
In all cases, the discounts consist of 17 to 33% price drops and they all offer some significant cuts to what you’d normally pay for these versatile and extremely capable media, DVR and streaming 4K HDR content platforms. Taken together they actually make up a pretty robust home entertainment accessory package but even if you just go for either of the Fire TV streaming sticks, you’re talking about access to thousands of hours of streaming HD and UHD content (with full multi-format high dynamic range support in the 4K stick edition) in exceptionally user-friendly devices.
Starting things off on the devices in these deals, we have Amazon’s two Fire TV streaming media sticks: both the regular 1080p HD “New Fire TV stick edition and the slightly more expensive 4K ultra HD HDR-capable edition of the same essential device are now being sold for wicked discounts. In the case of the 1080p version, its normal price of $39.99 has been cut down to just $29.99 after a 25% discount. For the 4K HDR edition, the discount is slightly smaller at 20% but still pretty solid with a new price of $39.99 from a normal price of $49.99.
Both sticks come with the superbly user-friendly Alexa voice remote and the same smart TV platform with all of the major content, music, movie and other entertainment apps you could want along with many others not found in many native smart TV smart systems. The 4K version also offers support for 4K UHD content and HDR content in both the HDR10 and Dolby Vision versions.
Here are some additional specs for both devices (4K option applies only to the 4K Fire TV edition)
- The most powerful 4K streaming media stick with a Wi-Fi antenna design optimized for 4K Ultra HD streaming.
- Launch and control content with the Alexa Voice Remote. Watch favorites from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, STARZ, SHOWTIME, or CBS All Access, plus stream for free with Pluto TV, IMDb Freedive, and others.
- Enjoy brilliant picture with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+. Experience immersive sound with Dolby Atmos on select Prime Video titles.
- Choose from 500,000 movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, and others.
- Fire TV Stick devices have more storage for apps and games than any other streaming media stick.
- Experience tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, plus millions of websites like YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit.
- Alexa on Fire TV provides the most comprehensive voice experience of any streaming media player—view live camera feeds, check the weather, dim the lights, and stream music.
Check the Fire TV Stick 4K HDR with Alexa Voice Remote, streaming media player on Amazon
4.7 – 4 Reviews
Check the Fire TV Stick HD with Alexa Voice Remote, streaming media player on Amazon
4.7 – 4 Reviews
Next there’s Amazon’s Fire TV Recast over-the-air DVR, which has been highly rated by previous buyers on the site with over 1300 reviews backing up its qualities. The device, which Amazon claims “Re-imagines the way you think of DVR” offers over 500 GB of internal storage and up to 75 hours of recording for live TV broadcasts of all kinds in HD format. The Recast packs full Alexa voice control and remote functionality into its interface. In other words, with a compatible Alexa-enabled device, you can use your voice to search for shows, open and control the channel guide, manage and schedule recordings, and help with other requests. Say things like “Alexa, open Channel Guide” or “Alexa, record ‘Riverdale.’”.
The Recast normally retails for $229.99 but through this limited time 17% discount it’s being offered for $189.99. This of course doesn’t mean huge savings but the $40 bucks that get knocked off the regular price could easily be used for one of the Fire TV streamers we mentioned above, or a couple of 4K HDR Blu-ray discs if you also have a 4K Blu-ray-capable device in your home.
Some of the Amazon Fire Recast’s other specs include:
- A DVR that lets you watch and record over-the-air TV at home with Fire TV or Echo Show, or on-the-go with a compatible mobile device—with no monthly fees.
- Capacity for watching and recording live sports, local news, late night shows, and other can’t miss TV from channels available through an HD antenna (sold separately) like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, and The CW.
- 2 tuners, for recording up to 2 shows at once.
If you have a new 4K UHD TV and want to beef up its entertainment accessories, the above are some excellent, genuinely useful choices. Even more importantly, if you have an older 4K TV with a native smart TV platform that isn’t exactly great, then the smart OS of the Amazon Fire 4K TV stick is a sincerely excellent alternative option at a very decent price.